is an open-source remote controller for XBMC, written in Qt/QML
semperXbmc is tested and supported on Symbian^3 devices (Nokia N8, C7, ...)
Experimentally, a procedure is also available for Symbian^1/S60V5 (Nokia 5800, ...)
It also work on all desktops/laptops devices where a Qt SDK is available (Windows, Linux, Mac)
With minimal adaptations, it should also work on meego devices.
- Supports both 10.1 (Dharma) and 11.0 (Eden)
- v 0.9.6 supports 12.0 (Frodo)
- Both a remote control (Event client based) and a JSON-RPC client
- Movie, TV Show, Music and Audio playlist views
- Each view support multiple display style
- Filtering/Sorting available on most views
- Web home page for Movies, TV Shows & Music Artists
- Support resuming movies/episodes on Eden
- 2012/31/12 v0.9.6 WARNING: This version hasn't been tested on Dharma no on Eden:
- Full support for Frodo
- 2012/05/26 v0.9.5 WARNING: This version hasn't been tested on Dharma:
- Full support for Eden
- Rewritten playlist support
- trakt.tv initial support
- Too many bugfixes and tweaks to mention...
- 2011/08/06 v0.9.3:
- Experimental support for Symbian^1/S60V5
- Touch feedback on remote
- Auto-repeat buttons on remote
- Resume movies/episodes on Eden
- Bug fixes and tweaks...
- 2011/07/30 v0.9.2:
- Web home page for movies/TV shows/Music Artits (long press to show)
- Window shortcuts to remote menu
- Bug fixes and tweaks...
- 2011/07/24 v0.9.1:
- Genre view for TV Shows
- Initial notification support
- Custom "lastplayed" sort option for TV Shows
- Add "Recent" views fo movies, TV episodes and albums
- Additional remote buttons via list menu
- Add "Refresh" menu to each views
- 2011/07/21 v0.9: Initial public alpha release
semperXbmc requires Qt 4.7.3, Qt Mobility 1.1.x and the Qt Quick components (only officially available for Symbian^3 and Meego for the moment)
The installer SIS file should install all dependencies.
Tested on Nokia C7 (Symbian^3)
Symbian^1 / S60V5¶
As the Qt Quick Components are not officially available for Symbian^1 / S60V5, I've compiled them myself.
They are available in the files section as "qt_components_1_0_S1_unsigned.zip".
The Zip contains 3 unsigned SIS files that you have to install on your device (on "C:"). If you don't know how to sign SIS files, please go to https://www.symbiansigned.com/ and/or google for more info.
This has to be done only once. Thereafter, simply installing the "semperXbmc_*_S1.sis" will suffice.
On my tests with a Nokia 5800, the app seems to work fine but the device is often rebooting/stopping, especially when closing the app. Not sure if the cause is my device or the app itself, so your mileage may vary. Please report reboots so that I am aware.
A Self-signed, smart installer, SIS package is available for Symbian^3 in the files section.
A simple SIS installer is also available both for Symbian^3 and Symbian^1, assuming all dependencies are already in place.
Main source repository is hosted at Gitorious
Screenshots are hosted on Picassaweb